Grammar Lesson 10:Usage of "지"
The particle "지" is used in many ways.
1. 지 for meaning negative
1) 제가 먹었어요. I ate it. -> 제가 먹지 않았어요
. I didn't eat it.
2) 제가 문 닫았어요. I closed the door. -> 제가 문 닫지 않았어요
. I didn't close the door.
2. 지 for meaning "since"
1) 한국에 온 지
1년 됐어요. It's been 1 year since I came to Korea.
2) 이 친구를 안 지
5년 됐어요. It's been 5 years since I met this friend.
3) 엄마한테 전화한 지
한 달 됐어요. It's been a month since I called my mom.
3. 지 for connecting a question phrase
1) 수민이가 어디에 있어요? Where's Sumin? -> 수민이 어디 있는지 알아요
? Do you know where Sumin is?
2) 새가 어떻게 날아요? How does birds fly? -> 새가 어떻게 나는지 궁금해요
. I wonder how birds fly.
3) 저 사람 누구예요? Who is that person? -> 저 사람 누구인지 몰라요
. I don't know who that person is.
Learn Korean and other languages online with our audio flashcard system and various exercises, such as multiple choice tests, writing exercises, games and listening exercises.
Click here to Sign Up Free!
Or sign up via Facebook with one click:
Watch a short Intro by a real user!