The court gave the mother custody of the children.Chinese Translation (Traditional):
court, court of law
1. (a particle which marks the following noun as a direct object) 2. to grasp, to take hold of 3. a bundle, a handful 4. (a measure word for objects with a handle, for small objects: handful) 5. handle
Here: (a particle which marks the following noun as a direct object)
1. of (possessive particle) 2. (adjectival ending) 3. (used at the end of a declarative sentence for emphasis) 4. (used to form a nominal expression)
Here: of (possessive particle)
jiān hù quán
1. to sentence, to judge 2. to differentiate, to discriminate 3. obvious 4. to decide
Here: to sentence, to judge
1. to give 2. for, for the benefit of 3. to let, to allow
Here: to give
1. (particle signifying the change of situation) 2. (completed action marker) 3. (a filler word without any meaning)
Here: (particle signifying the change of situation)
Learn Chinese and other languages online with our audio flashcard system and various exercises, such as multiple choice tests, writing exercises, games and listening exercises.
Watch a short Intro by a real user!