When the police officer arrived, he was cheered by the crowd.Chinese Translation (Traditional):
1. when, just at, during 2. to be, to serve as, to act as 3. to manage, to withstand 4. to take one's turn 5. ought, should 6. current 7. to face, to turn towards 8. to match equally, to equal, to be equal to 9. to treat something/someone as
Here: when, just at, during
police officer, policeman
to arrive, to reach a destination
1. time, moment 2. hour 3. season 4. when
Here: time, moment
the masses, the public, a large mass of people
1. for, to 2. right, correct 3. a couple, a pair 4. opposite position, facing 5. to match together 6. to adjust 7. to fit, to suit 8. (a measure word for couples or pairs of objects or people) 9. to answer, to reply 10. to face
Here: for, to
1. he 2. him 3. his 4. other, some other
to respond with
1. to cheer for 2. cheer 3. hurray
Learn Chinese and other languages online with our audio flashcard system and various exercises, such as multiple choice tests, writing exercises, games and listening exercises.
Watch a short Intro by a real user!