He spent twenty-two years behind bars.Chinese Translation (Traditional):
1. he 2. him 3. his 4. other, some other
1. to sit 2. to go by, to take (plane, train or bus)
Here: to sit
1. (particle signifying the change of situation) 2. (completed action marker) 3. (a filler word without any meaning)
Here: (particle signifying the change of situation)
èr shí èr
twenty two, 22
1. year 2. age, a person's age 3. Nian (Chinese surname) 4. period of life 5. annual 6. period (in history) 7. New Year
1. of (possessive particle) 2. (adjectival ending) 3. (used at the end of a declarative sentence for emphasis) 4. (used to form a nominal expression)
Here: of (possessive particle)
1. firm, tight 2. jail, prison 3. sty, pen, fold
Here: jail, prison
Learn Chinese and other languages online with our audio flashcard system and various exercises, such as multiple choice tests, writing exercises, games and listening exercises.
Watch a short Intro by a real user!