A loss may turn out to be a gain. (lit. the old man lost his horse, but it all turned out for the best)Chinese Translation (Traditional):
strategic pass, tactical border position
1. old man 2. Weng (Chinese surname)
Here: old man
1. to lose, to miss 2. to fail 3. loss 4. a fault, a mistake
Here: to lose
1. horse 2. Ma (Chinese surname) 3. (abbreviation for Malaysia)
[old use] 1. how, why, when 2. it 3. there, here 4. and so, so that
1. to know, to be aware 2. knowledge
Here: to know, to be aware
1. non-, not-, un- 2. (abbreviation for Africa) 3. to insist on 4. wrong, incorrect
Here: non-, not-, un-
good fortune, luck
Learn Chinese and other languages online with our audio flashcard system and various exercises, such as multiple choice tests, writing exercises, games and listening exercises.
Watch a short Intro by a real user!